Transfer 15, Week 6 .... April 27, 2015

Dear Family,
Another week that seemed like there was so much included in it. We literally went all over and it was incredibly stressful.
 
We came back to Marseille Tuesday and packed up all our stuff and headed to Toulon that night, waiting to board the ship to Corsica only to discover that there had been a mix up with our tickets and we would have to wait until Wednesday night to go. It was a major bummer.
 
We wake up wednesday morning in Marseille only to find out that our car had been towed because it was parked in a poorly marked area, next to a outdoor market. bummer again. Wednesday after several trials of faith haha we made it on to the boat to Corsica. They often say ferry when describing the boat to Corsica, but it was definitely a full on cruise ship. We boarded wed night at 8 and slept on the boat and disembarked thursday morning at 7am. It was so pretty, and a really fun experience. I've got plenty of pictures for you don't worry :)
 
We spent all of Thursday in Corsica. Really, really pretty. It has beaches like Florida and ski resorts like Utah going all at the same time. Its incredible. We only got to do an exchange with one of the two equipes there because of our ticket mix up. There is one equipe on the southern side in Ajaccio and the northern side in the city of Bastia. We spent our day in Ajaccio. Elder Huntsman had just been serving here last transfer so it was a fun return for him. We spent our time with Elder Powell, who was one of the elders who picked me up at the curb at the MTC. He's the man and our exchange was really fun.
 
We got back Friday morning and made our way up to Lyon by Friday evening to meet the entire mission at the Ecully Chapel. It was a blast to see everyone. 
 
Saturday was the day of the big mission conference. Elder and Sister Kearon of the 70 came along with Elder and Sister Neilson of the 70 (who just spoke in GenConf). They unrolled the ipad doctrine and vision and it was really neat and there was an awesome spirit there. And it will be really neat to get work on the ipads in our everyday missionary work. We will have facebook to do missionary work on. However we have yet to actually receive them. So we'll see when they actually get here.
The Kearon's might be some of my favorite people. They've come now 3 times during my mission. Every time they blow me away. I think Sr. Kearon was my favorite speaker from her brief 5 min testimony. She's incredible. They are overflowing with goodness and light every time we see them. E. Kearon was tearing up just shaking all of our hands, and he is such a powerful speaker. The spirit they bring is almost tangible. I can see so much of the Savior in them, its incredible. It was such a huge blessing. I would love to be like that one day.
 
Saturday was the end of the transfer. I went home with Elder Mauss that night and we went to church in the Confluence ward yesterday. Really interesting transition, felt odd mostly because of the abrupt transition from car life and exchanges to settling down and working in one ward. However a familiar flame returned that reminded me of how much I like taking on these challenges that the Lord asks us to face. I'm super excited to go to work with this ward. And I'll be a district leader for the first time ever and after calling every district member last night, I'm feeling really blessed. I'll be working with 4 équipes outside of ours, 3 Elders and one Sisters. They are all awesome and I'm excited to help them all. I'm working on strategies to use to create a sense of team and team effort and such. Even more so I want our team to be special, I feel like that always gives a fun motivation to work harder. Thats something I have on the to-do list.
 
Today also E. Castillo returns home which is sad. It was sad to say goodbye to him on Saturday.
 
A brief bio on Elder Mauss- He is hilarious. He is from Cypres CA and is the youngest of 3. My age. Has been out for about 10 months. Good man and good heart. I'm excited to push us this transfer to see what we can accomplish.
 
Moving back to the grind!
 
I love you all!
 
Elder Montgomery
 
Pics from The trip to Corsica!

Pics from The trip to Corsica!

Pics from The trip to Corsica!