Another End, Another Beginning .... August 2, 2013


MY STAY AT THE MTC HAS FLOWN BY. I leave for France on Monday at 11:15am, stop in Chicago, London, then onto to Lyon I believe at 11:45 am on Tuesday. I think all my visa stuff went through. Thanks for all the love! My district is so jealous from all the mail I get. Also my district is great. I absolutely love them. It's incredible that after 3 days you can consider someone a brother, then after 12 days you don't want to do anything without them.  

My French is slowly coming. I once thought that if I learned enough vocabulary my french would be perfect. I've come to the realization that French has incredibly confusing sentencing structures, complex conjugations, and minute minute pronunciation differences between words that make the word completely different that my ear is not yet able to hear nor my tongue speak. Also in French we use one word, when in English we would say 3 or 4 words, then there are some words which they don't have in French which means we have to use several french words to explain the english word. Needless to say I have been praying for the gift tongues several times a day.

My teaching has improved well. I feel comfortable teaching and have had several spiritual experiences here. Yesterday we had our "in field orientation" which is for all the missionaries leaving for the field next week. Elder Christiansen from the district taught one of my classes! My favorite thought from the day was by Elder Christofferson, "When faith is strong enough it turns from a principle of action into a principle of power" And they showed the clip of President Hinckley telling the story,"I should like to tell you of three young men" who carried the martin handcart company across the winter river as 18 year olds. It is one of the few stories that gets me to cry. I absolutely love it. I would encourage you all to watch "Character of Christ" By Elder Bednar. Elder Bednar has moved up in my rankings of favorite Apostles.

Vive la France. Courage and Faith. I think the most comforting thing is that I know enough French not to embarrass myself at the pulpit bearing my testimony on Sunday. I just want you all to know how much I love being a missionary. It has been a lifelong dream of mine to be able to focus on nothing but the gospel of Jesus Christ. And my heart and soul are filled with happiness knowing that I will have that opportunity to do that for the next two years. I absolutely love this gospel. I absolutely love my Savior. 

I am humbled and grateful to be a representative of Him.

"Voici, je suis disciple de Jésus-Christ, le Fils de Dieu. J’ai été appelé par lui pour annoncer sa parole parmi son peuple, afin qu’il ait la vie éternelle."

Behold I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called by Him to declare His word among His people, that they might eternal life.

Beaucoup d'amour,

Elder Montgomery

My mission scripture is 3 Nephi 5:13 "I am a disciple of Jesus Christ..."