Nicely Done! .... August 26, 2013

This week has been so fun. I'm really loving being out here. The temperature is starting to cool down and it is so nice!

We have talked to quite a few people this week, as usual, and we actual found several people who were interested....However this week alone we had 8 ratez-vous...when someone sets an appointement with us and then doesn't show, or gives us a bad address or bad phone number. Quite frustrating. However the work goes on.

Some fun stuff from this week:

I've actually picked up some Portugeuse. A lot of the working population here speaks Portuguese.
I had my first Gilatto this week. chocolate on chocolate on chocolate...

I realized that Friday was my month mark. I have been gone a month now.
Its fun living in a big city, I get to see all the places tourists don't. I've been to little french apartments and backroads and really sketchy places where people are doing things that don't necessarily invite the Spirit. But its incredible to see how the Lord guides his servants!
Alcides is getting baptized on Saturday!!! very exciting! He is sooo cool. And I'm giving a talk at his baptism.

Really cool story for this week. We went to Libèration square yesterday evening to teach a guy that we had contacted on the street during the week. His name is Jack and he didnt show up. Another ratez-vous. We are standing there waiting for him and a very evangelist man from the Congo comes up and just starts asking us questions about what we believe. His name is Eloge. We end up talking to Eloge for close to an hour right there in the square and we gave him a book of mormon and pretty much taught him the first lesson on the spot. Now we have an appointment with him on Tuesday. Quelle Miracle!
People need to hear what we have to say, and we must have the faith to find them.
My scripture for this week that I hung up on my wall:

Moroni 7:33, "And Christ said unto them, For if you shall have faith in me, you shall have to power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me."

We all need more faith. It is something that I am working on every hour.
I love you all and hope everything is going well,
Beaucoup d'amour,
Elder Montgomery