It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas ... December 16, 2013

Chére famille,

I hope you all are doing well getting ready for Christmas! I cant waittttt!

Shout out to Randa, finish strong on that last semester baby! :)

This week was spent talking with tons of people. Elder Wilson and I worked really hard this week, and broke our own personal contacting record big time and hope to do so again this week.

We had one lesson this week with the family of the Relief Society President in our branch. She is the only member in her family, but served a mission in Marseille and is soooo cool, speaks decent english. She is just every missionary dream for a member missionary. Her name is Soeur Beau. It was the family of her sister. None of them are believing, but they were super cool and listened intently.

We presented a short message about Christmas and the importance of Christmas in its connection with the Atonement. It was incredible to feel of the power of the Spirit testify as we taught about the birth, life, and sacrifice of the Savior. After which we had a rather roudy Q&A session The dad was rather goofy/ a little off his rocker, so he was asking lots of irrelevant questions. French people love American made cookies, because they are rather rare here, so we had some prepared to give to the family at the end, They were stoked. But in the end it was a really good experience. And Sr. Beau later told us that of the family, Marco the 17 year old son, kept asking questions after we left, and really wants to know more. Its really cool to see how these things work and how the Lord guides us to the work He needs done.

We were street contacting Saturday, and after a whole crowd of people walk by me ignoring my American french, an old man on his cane walks right by me, but gives me an enthuistic "hi!". I stopped, said "hi!" back. He turns around and we start talking. THe man was a butler in for the ROYAL FAMILY of ENGLAND. He told me these stories about him and prince phillip and how he was hired by princess margeret. Haha he was awesome, and really cocky too, which only made him funnier. He asked if I was from Salt Lake. I laughed and introduced myself. He had already met the missionaries before and wasnt too interested, but it was still a cool experience. Im kind of kicking myself for having not pushed for his address or phone number or name to meet with.him. It would've been soo legit!

The primary yesterday had their primary program, and at the end invited us 4 missionaries up to sing, Appelé à servir, Called to Serve with them. It was really fun and really spiritual. And a really awesome testimony to listen to the simple truths of the Gospel coming from such young kids.

As we have continued our missionary concert tour this week to members homes, we've continued to bring the Christmas spirit to their homes, and teach more about the Savior. Remember that the First and Best Gift we have ever received for Christmas was our Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ.

I will leave you with the 3rd and 5th verse of How Firm A Foundation which I committed to memory this week and sung to myself as a personal motivation during the harder times of the week:*

Fear not, I am with thee O be not dismayed
For I am thy God and will still give thee aid
I'll strengthen thee, help thee and cause thee to stand
Upheld by my righeous, omnipotent Hand.

The soul, who on Jesus, hath leaned for repose
I will not, I can not, desert to his foes!
That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
I'll never, no never, no never forsake. 

I love you all! I can't wait to speak to you on Christmas!

Beaucoup d'amour,

Elder William Montgomery


Me at a charity event that we were at helping a member turn chickens. There were all these biker bros showing off their bikes and I found this one  (see stars and bars)

Me on the right, talking to an old man about the Gospel and his scottish hat.
 
Out doing some late night porting...In france most homes have gates with sonneries on them, that you ring and talk into while the person in the home talks to you. It makes it rather difficult.

Buffalo Grill in France

Us out tracting in the outskirts of Perigueux THE TRACKS