Transfer 11 Week 3 .... October 20, 2014

Dear Family,

We are still alive. After a crazy successful week of missionary work. Life is hectic but fun. Shout out to Tom who made it into BYU. I'm so happy to get to email y'all today. 

This week was great because it was our first full week in our sector without real interruption except two exchanges. And we took full advantage, and got a lot done.

The big news is that we had two people accept baptismal dates this week. Margot our Polish ami, decided on the November 22nd and Marie Antoinette the sister of a member here that we saw three times this week accepted a date for December 6th. We're very excited. We got back in contact with Kevin this week and set up calender for him to follow before his baptism on the 8th of November. All very very exciting.

We had another crazy miracle on Tuesday. We were in the metro station and I was waiting as Elder Bollard finished a phone call and up walks a young lady who asked me if we had meetings here in Toulouse. After talking to her we figured out that her name is Roxanna she is romanian and was really good friends with the missionaries in Romania and is now here for France for work. We invited her to institute Wednesday and she loved it, and became really great friends with all the Young Adults and we gave her a BOM in Romanian and she was excited to start reading it. Huge miracle. The Lord just seems to be pouring out blessings that actually don't have room enough to receive them.

Then I'm not sure if I told you about our ami francois that we met a couple weeks ago on an exchange. Elder Bollard and I went last week to his house and met his family and helped him with his english, and this week we went back over while I was on exchange with Elder Anderson and we got the chance to teach him about the Restoration, the Word of Wisdom and about our daily life as members of the church. Its a bit awkward because he calls us by our first names. We're trying to figure out how to avoid that. haha. But they invited us back over this week for lunch, and we hope to invite them to church to meet members.

I went on an exchange here in Toulouse with the Chinese Elders in their sector and was thus looking to speak with Chinese people all day. IT was really cool. I was with Elder Fletcher from Texas. He had been feeling quite nervous about his Chinese. (The other chinese Elder is from hong kong). I memorized 6 basic phrases and had my french and english ready to go. Haha we taught a lesson and contacted one man that gave us his number! It was really quite neat.

With all of this we are working to improve our contact and activity with the zone to make sure we keep a balance in our work.

There are so many things that I want to tell you about that fill my mind every day. The constant thread of communication that I have with my Heavenly Father is filled with prayers for you. There is so much I want to share with you, our weeks are so FULL. Journal writing is difficult.

The Lord loves us. Often times our own obedience leads to the blessing of others around us. I love this time so much.
 
I love you!

Elder Montgomery
 
Me making Fufu(?) an african dish we eat with soup!

Me with Mami, the mother of the Fr and Sr Cuvelier, who we see every time we teach Margot

Me with this huge painting in the St. Augustine Museum