"And the time passed away with us..." .... May 12, 2014

Dear family,

Gah it was so great to talk to you yesterday!

As I sat in bed last night thinking about all this I just couldnt even believe or even understand how fast everything is going. Ive mentioned this in like my past 13 emails (and 13 journal entries) but geez its just incredible to think about where I am, what I am doing, what I am trying to do, and where I've been. Times where I get to talk with you are kind of markers in my mission time.

And as I forced myself to stay awake for a couple moments last night to ponder and reconcile myself with this time-space continuim phenomenon that is my life of the past 9 months, it reminded me of a scripture in the Book of Mormon spoken by the prophet Jacob, 

"the time passed away with us, and also our lives passed 
away like as it were unto us a dream".  

Thinking about Gex, Perigueux, Nice, BYU, High school! yeah right, its just incomprehensible that these moments actually seem to go faster.

This week was wonderful! We got to do two exchanges both here in our Lormont area. I got to go with Elder Withers from Spokane Valley on Wednesday and Elder Smith from Ogden, Utah on Friday. Its so cool to get glimpses (really tiny minute perspectives) into their lives, who they are, and who they are preparing to become. 

The real highlight of the week was teaching the family Delachambre (of the bedroom- literal translation). Virginie and Gidas are a young couple with a 3 year old daughter. Virginie's mom, Beatrice, is childhood bestfriends with Sister Pittman, of the new senior missionary couple in Bordeaux. On Friday Elder Smith and I got to go teach all 4 of them. They had been so prepared for the message of the restored gospel. They had seen the Pittman's son as a missionary. They don't drink or smoke, and have very very basic beliefs in God (Gidas really didnt have any beliefs), but want to know more. They aren't motivated by any circumstance in their life that is humbling them, but they simple have a desire to make their family happier (eternally so). The lesson was fantastic and fun and full of the Spirit. They ate it up and came to church on Sunday (some iffy doctrine was thrown around #asalways) and we are planning on seeing them again on Friday.

We have some other amis that are in the works:

Victor Hugo our Nigerian friend is on and off, here and there. He is a really funny guy, we just can't quite get a sit down lesson with him.

John is a political refugee from Ghana, 17 yrs old. We taught him this week and he loved it. He is super believeing though. I'm excited to see where he goes.

Maxime our wonderful russian friend still gets in the game every once and awhile, he is hard to get a hold of.

Life is wonderful, especially since I got to talk to you yesterday. You are such a motivation for me. I came out after skyping you and told the Monclins that my family is the best. The mission has made me appreciate and grow in my love for you in just incredible ways.

Have a great week! Beaucoup d'amour,

Elder William Montgomery