It was a Nice stay! Hello Perigueux! .... October 29, 2013

Chére famille,

I got transferred! First one! 
I spent all day yesterday on trains going from the southeast corner of France to the west coast, eventually ending in a smaller city outside of Bordeaux named Périgueux (Pear-ee-goo). 


First, let me express my love for Nice. It was fantastic, I absolutely love the people there, they are family to me now. I was very sad to leave them. But I am more than stoked to be serving in Périgueux which is a nice switchup from Nice, being quite a bit smaller and feeling a little bit more like a city I'm used to. My new companion is Elder Wilson, who's father was in the Air Force so he has spent his fair share of time all around the States and is currently in his 12th transfer. He IS GREAT. I am very excited for this transfer and for the opportunity it brings. I just love being a missionary in the best mission in the world.

I would like to dedicate this email to Elder Uluave, my mission father, who died (finished his mission) yesterday. He was one of a kind and I absolutely adore the man. You just never know...what you'll get out of Elder Uluave. He is a brother and I can't wait to see him after the mish. He taught me to have fun out here while working hard. We worked together, prayed together, and walked together. Included are some photos of him and me.


We had two rendezvous this week with an evangelical man and his friend that both turned into bible bashing sessions. It was frustrating and annoying. I was annoyed that we as missionaries fell into the trap. I was sad to see them resist the truth that was being laid before their eyes- along with the peace and blessings that came with it. I want to express my testimony to you of the foundational importance of the Book of Mormon. It is the keystone of our religion. By accepting its invitation to read and pray about it, we can know that God lives and is our Heavenly Father, Jesus is our Savior, that this church is the restored church of Jesus Christ on the earth today, and that we can change and life can become what it should become! I invite you all to read the introduction to the Book of Mormon this week and ponder on it. It is very inspired. I love this Gospel so very much.

"We are not obedient because we are blind, we are obedient because we can see." -President Boyd K. Packer

I love you all!

Beaucoup d'amour,

Elder William Yarn Montgomery
The Nice District


Quentin, Eva, et moi. They were baptized 4 months ago

Bishop Muenier and his family

Timothe

Xavier Adell

Rui

Violetta (V-house) our Peruvian member

Sister Witt and Sister Hodder

Old man Felix with Sister Young

our boy Johnny Yang

Tanjouna and Tahiana (Tanzoon and Taheen from Madagascar)
His is Luc, a non member we play basketball with, he is a gospel singer...he is so hilarious and loves the missionaries!

THis is Donna, shes british and fantastic

Elder Loera and I on the pier in Beaulieu, which is just outside of NIce