Transfer 15, Week 3 .... April 9, 2015

Dear Family,
I am emailing from the chapel in Lausanne, Switzerland. Our adventures continue. I realize now that it has been a week and a half since I last updated you.
Lots has happened!
We started off last monday in Marseille and would go on to do exchanges with the Elders in Avignon, Manosque, and Vitrolles. Then Friday we had our zone conference in Nice. It was such a huge blessing for me to go back to Nice. I got to see the old chapel and some of my favorite friends from the ward there. It was really fun and was interesting to see these people that I knew from over a year and a half ago who still knew me and were excited to see me. I was really grateful.
We continued on Saturday to do another Zone Conference in Aix en Provence. At these zone conferences, usually President will present, then Sr Roney, then Sr Povar (the mission nurse), then we'll have lunch and after lunch we'll present to the zones. We taught about trust in our calling as missionaries and the impact of the Atonement in our missionary work. Right after conference on Saturday we left Aix for Lyon and we arrived at the Ecully Chapel in Lyon at 6 just in time for the Saturday morning session of General conference. General conference was wonderful as always, Elder Hollands talk at the end was classic. We just recently got the chance to watch the last session and I think that was my favorite.
Monday and Tuesday we did two more zone conferences with the zones in Lyon. The Monday one was probably the best one. There was a great spirit there. We had missionaries share some great experiences with the Atonement and it was clear that the message of the gospel is really "good tidings of great joy" worth sharing with everyone possible.

Monday as well I got to see Elder Tomlinson, who is doing well in Clermont. Such a funny guy.
We were planning on staying in Lyon to do exchanges with the missionaries there, but got asked to come along and assist in the Switzerland zone conferences- there are three Swiss zones. So Wednesday we were in Geneva, and today we are in Lausanne. This is the chapel I came to for zone conferences when I was in Gex. Tonight we'll be driving up to Yverdon for the last zone conference.

Yesterday in Geneva we ran into a member I knew from Gex, and she recognized right off the bat which was surprising to me. It was awesome to see her; but cooler to know that I had a good influence in people's lives and that they remembered that.

Its been fun to go around the mission and see so many mission friends and see different parts of the country. But Its really great to have the chance to share the testimony the Lord has given me and to have these awesome real spiritual experiences many days in a row.

During these adventures I got to have interesting conversations with the Lyon stake president (whom I ate lunch next to) and the Geneva stake President whom we talked to after the conference. I LOVE these opportunities and its always awesome to hear the perspectives of these people who have sacrificed a lot and to hear how inspired they are.

This transfer is flying by as expected. The excitement is mounting already for where I'll end up next transfer. We'll be doing transfers next week which I'm really excited for.

I love feeling the Holy Ghost. And its great to recognize the fact that Heavenly Father is speaking to me. That has happened a lot recently and it makes me really grateful to know that its real. That this is all real and its worth it.
I'm excited to hear your take on conference. What a blessing to have the Gospel!

I love you!

Elder Montgomery
E huntsman and I at mcdo

Almost two years later: shout out to Kalin uluave back at the nice chapel

Here is the chapel in Aix en provence

The marseille crew

El T and i after Zone conference